The Strategic Capital Investment Fund (SCIF) was capital funding made available from the Welsh Assembly Governments Strategic Capital Investment Framework. SCIF monies were made available to Local Authorities via a bidding system for suitable investment projects which delivered real sustainable benefits for Wales through the delivery of strategic, cross cutting projects.
Through the SCIF regime, the Welsh Assembly Government intends to drive forward the One Wales agenda.
SCIF 1: The Welsh Government made £42 million available for affordable housing of which the Vale of Glamorgan was allocated £1.3 million for:
- 14 new build properties in Barry
- 4 existing dwellings in Barry
- 2 existing dwellings to be adapted to provide 8 units of supported accommodation
SCIF 2: The Welsh Government made £20 million available for affordable housing which was to be used for the following themes:
- Intermediate rented properties
- WAG owned land
- Homebuy (shared equity schemes)
- Unlock stalled sites
The Vale of Glamorgan was allocated £1.1 million for:
- Intermediate rented properties in Llantwit Major
- Homebuy in the Castleland ward of Barry
SCIF 3: More information to follow.