Agenda Item No.
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Standards Committee: 28th January, 2016
Report of the Monitoring Officer
Applications for Dispensation
Purpose of the Report
- To consider applications to speak and vote received from:
That the Standards Committee consider the applications to speak and vote on matters set out in the completed proformas attached.
Reason for the Recommendation
To comply with regulations on applications for the grant of dispensations to speak and vote.
- The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001 permits Members to apply to the Standards Committee to speak and, if appropriate, vote on issues which, due to a prejudicial interest, they may not otherwise be able to speak or vote or remain in the room.
Relevant Issues and Options
- In order to deal with the applications as quickly as possible it is necessary for the Standards Committee to receive full information of the interests involved and why in the Member's opinion dispensation should be given. Copies of the relevant applications are attached.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
- The Council is required to comply with The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001.
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
Policy Framework and Budget
- This report does not affect the Council's Policy Framework and Budget.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
- The report does not involve any consultation with other parties.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001.
Mr. C. Hope, tel: (01446) 709855, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. D. Marles, Monitoring Officer