Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 12TH OCTOBER, 2015 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 7th September, 2015.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Corporate Safeguarding Update – Cabinet: 7th September, 2015.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st August 2015.
* A copy of the reports for items 6 and 7 below, to be considered by Cabinet on 5th October 2015, are attached. The recommendations of Cabinet will be forwarded to Members if possible prior to the meeting or tabled at the meeting.
6. School Performance Report 2014-15 – Foundation Phase and Key Stages 2 to 5. * [Supplemental Information]
7. Proposal to Transform Secondary Education in Barry. * [Supplemental Information]
8. Governor Training Report 2014/15 and Update on Strategic Appointment of LA Governors.
Quarterly Performance Monitoring Report – Quarter 1 –
9. Learning and Skills.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
Report of the Managing Director –
10. 2nd Quarter Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Work Programme Schedule 2015/16.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
5th October, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, A. Parker, Mrs. A.J. Preston and Ms. R.F. Probert.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).